ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 5.5 LANfree together with a 7.1 server

2015-03-04 15:23:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 5.5 LANfree together with a 7.1 server
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 21:22:24 +0100
maybe you should write a note to management that you cannot support such
seriously outdated client operating systems, that you will not compromise the
operation by staying downlevel with your servers, asking them to accept the
risk of running unsupported OS without any viable backup (I assume LAN based
backups are not possible either) and urge them to upgrade that outdated
environment because it is insecure (no patches for bash and ssl bugs)
unmaintained and cannot be backed up.

alternatively, run a dedicated ‘old shit’ TSM server, outdated itself, so still
a huge risk to operation. Good stuff that you don’t fly any aircraft in an
organization that cannot even keep it’s IT infra up 2 date ;-)

 Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl
+31 6 248 21 622