ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Availability of 7.1.1.200 server code

2015-01-28 14:43:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Availability of 7.1.1.200 server code
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT SKY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 19:40:08 -0000
Thomas

I don't believe TSM server v7.1.1.200 is generally available yet. Hopefully
someone will be along soon to contradict me, but I would imagine you'll have
a hard time pinning IBM down to an exact date. I've some sympathy for them
as they probably generally release stuff as soon as testing is complete, but
until they complete the testing they don't know they're not going to have to
spend a load of time re-working it.

This is a useful resource:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home?lang=en#/wiki
/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager/page/TSM%20Schedule%20for%20Fix-Packs

but it still only talks about it being released in Q1, and then with
disclaimers that this is subject to change.

I would not expect it to appear on the Passport Advantage site as this tends
to be reserved for full point releases, not fix packs. Probably best to keep
checking back to

ftp://index.storsys.ibm.com/tivoli-storage-management/patches/server/

and have a plan B in case it doesn't arrive until 31st March (or perhaps
afterwards).

Regards

Neil