ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Taking Drives Offline during PD

2014-12-08 09:28:02
Subject: [ADSM-L] Taking Drives Offline during PD
From: "Barkes, Jason" <jason.barkes AT SSE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 14:26:57 +0000
Hi,
        I am trying to identify if I have got SAN or drive issues used in our
TSM environment.

We have 20 drives with 3 paths to each drive hanging off a number of fibre
channel adapters.

I want to take all but 4 drives offline.  So I did the following:

1.        Updated drives to offline on library manager

2.        Updated Paths to offline on library manager

3.       Updated devclass mountlimit to 4 on TSM Server

4.       Updated migprocesses to 4 on TSM Server.

I then set off the disk to tape migration.  However, the server was still
requested tapes to be mounted in drives that were set to offline?

Am I missing something, please ?

Many Thanks, Jason.

It may not represent the views of the SSE Group.  It is intended solely for the
addressees.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
unlawful.  Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission.  Unless specifically stated otherwise, this email
(or any attachments to it) is not an offer capable of acceptance or acceptance
of an offer and it does not form part of a binding contractual agreement.

SSE plc
Registered Office: Inveralmond House 200 Dunkeld Road Perth PH1 3AQ
Registered in Scotland No. SC117119
www.sse.com