ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Archive Log Overflow never empties

2014-11-24 20:28:38
Subject: [ADSM-L] Archive Log Overflow never empties
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 19:26:46 -0600
We have four instances of TSM Server 6.2.5 on AIX, which basically
behave pretty well. But on all of them, we occasionally get a little bit
of data overflowing into the Archive Overflow Log filesystem. I don't
know why, because as far as I can tell the Archive Log filesystem has
never been allowed to fill up. But anyway, it never empties out. Full
database backups reliably free space in the Archive Log filesystem, but
the Archive Overflow Log just gradually fills up. One of them is up to
20%, over a period of a year. I saw somewhere that it takes two full
database backups, but there have been many dozens of full backups.

Any idea how I can get the Archive Overflow Log to empty out?

========== "You will finish your project ahead of schedule." ===========
================= (Best fortune-cookie fortune ever.) ==================