ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] corrupted db on test system

2014-11-13 15:36:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] corrupted db on test system
From: "Tyree, David" <david.tyree AT SGMC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 15:34:23 -0500
                We are running TSM v6.3.1 on a test box and we had a drive fail
and it has a corrupted database now and won't start.

                I did the "dsmserv remove db tsmdb1" to get rid of the old
database and now I'm about to start the actual database restore.
                While I was waiting for the offsite database backup tape to be
brought back onsite I issued the "dsmserv restore db" to see what would happen.
It failed like I expected because it couldn't find the tape in the library.
                At least it's seeing the library and all the drives.
                My question is how do I check in that tape to the library?
I can physically put the tape in the library but until TSM knows that it's
actually checked in I'm stuck.
TSM won't see it until it's checked in but TSM is down.

                How would I be able to read that tape once I get it on site?
David Tyree
System Administrator
South Georgia Medical Center
229.333.1155