ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to setup dedicated tape drives for storage agent

2014-09-15 23:45:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to setup dedicated tape drives for storage agent
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 13:42:51 +1000
Is this not what mountlimits are for?

Set up two device classes in the same library, one with mountlimit of
32 and one with maybe 40

The device class that your normal TSM stgpools and operations use is
the one with 40 mountlimit.  TSM server can use up to any 40 of the 64
drives.  The lan free stgpools use the other deviceclass and can use
any 32 of the 64.

Not only that you can change these easily as needed,  you could even
change them via a schedule so that the TSM Server has drives when it
needs them and the lan free clients have drives when their peak is.

Regards

Steve

Steven Harris
TSM Admin