ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] De-dupe on 7.1

2014-09-15 09:00:32
Subject: [ADSM-L] De-dupe on 7.1
From: "Ryder, Michael S" <michael_s.ryder AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 08:57:57 -0400
Hello TSM folks...

What is the prevailing opinion of TSM de-duplication?

I'm in the middle of building out a fresh TSM 7.1.1 install (on RHEL6,
x86_64, w/TDP for VE {vsphere}), and the de-dupe feature could really come
in handy -- I've already read the documentation and believe I have enough
infrastructure to support it.

Is it stable?  Are there any "gotchas" that are perhaps not obvious to
someone who is only reading the documentation and hasn't implemented it yet?

Aside from distribution of processing, are there clear benefits one way or
the other, between client-side and server-side de-dupe?

Thanks in advance for time spent on replying to my question!

Best regards,

Mike, x7942
RMD IT Client Services