ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VIO virtual machine for TSM

2014-07-30 13:40:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VIO virtual machine for TSM
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 03:38:09 +1000
Hi Sarav,

If I understand you correctly you have an AIX box with LPARS, and one
of those is a VIO server, providing services to other LPARS.  You wish
to install the library client on the VIO Server. Is that correct?

See http://www.torontoaix.com/vio-how-to-s/cheatsheet.  You don't have
access to the usual root user or the usual commands and you will not
be able to get support.

Not a good idea.

Regards

Steve.