ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ANR2383E delete stgpool

2014-07-14 15:33:02
Subject: [ADSM-L] ANR2383E delete stgpool
From: Josh-Daniel Strawn Davis <xaminmo AT OMNITECH DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 14:10:31 -0500
I'm having a little trouble deleting an old copypool.
Any pointers or assistance would be appreciated.
Most of the hits show the usual "try again later".
This has persisted through multiple reboots and months.

The stgpool has no volumes remaining in it.
It did contain dedupe data before.

There have been log-full events,
but never far enough that I had to roll back,
nor even go into db2 to run manual backups.

I've tried adding the recommended index in IC81794.
I don't have a pile of chunks remaining.

I have a worker thread in error.
I'm not sure where to look up the errors.

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 6, Release 4, Level 1.5
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2013. All Rights
Reserved.

Enter your user id:  jdavis

Enter your password:  *********

Session established with server OMNITECH: Windows
  Server Version 6, Release 3, Level 4.300
  Server date/time: 2014-07-14 14:03:07  Last access: 2014-07-14 13:59:08

tsm: OMNITECH>q stg
Storage         Device          Estimated       Pct       Pct     High
Low     Next Stora-
Pool Name       Class Name       Capacity      Util      Migr      Mig
Mig     ge Pool
                                                                   Pct
Pct
-----------     ----------     ----------     -----     -----     ----
---     -----------
DISKPOOL        EFILE             2,289 G      51.0      51.0       99
 99
OLD_COPY        DFILE               0.0 M       0.0
OLD_COPYPOOL    DFILE               229 G     100.0
OLD_WDBLUE      WDBLUE              0.0 M       0.0
WDBLACK         HFILE             1,593 G      69.4

tsm: OMNITECH>del stg old_copy
ANR2383E DELETE STGPOOL: Storage pool OLD_COPY is currently in use by
clients and/or data management operations.
ANS8001I Return code 13.

tsm: OMNITECH>q vol stg=old_copy
ANR2034E QUERY VOLUME: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

tsm: OMNITECH>show dedupdeleteinfo
 ****Dedup Deletion General Status****
 Number of worker threads          : 8
 Number of active worker threads   : 1
 Number of chunks waiting in queue : 0

    ****Dedup Deletion Worker Info****
    Dedup deletion worker id    : 1
    Currently processing Node Filespace   : 105  0
    Total chunks queued         : 0
    Total chunks deleted        : 0
    Deleting AF Entries?        : No
    In error state?             : Yes
      Current return code     : 1012

    Worker thread 2 is not active
    Worker thread 3 is not active
    Worker thread 4 is not active
    Worker thread 5 is not active
    Worker thread 6 is not active
    Worker thread 7 is not active
    Worker thread 8 is not active

    Total worker chunks queued     : 0
    Total worker chunks deleted    : 0

tsm: OMNITECH>

Full disclosure, this is a test box in my lab, so I can't call in for
support.
We have the value pack, so we're allowed to run it,
we just get no support unless it's a PoC at a customer site.
If it were a customer system, I could call in on their contract.

With friendly Regards,
Josh-Daniel S. Davis
OmniTech Industries