ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM database backup

2014-07-09 08:15:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM database backup
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT BILOHOLDINGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 12:13:46 +0000
There are several ways, I choose to add it to my maintenance script so I can
control other processing.
You will need to define a device class (see command (define devclass)
>From your comments below it should be a "file" type device class which allows
>you to enter the physical location as a directory option.

The either create a script, or admin schedule to execute the "backup db"
command.

All options for these commands are explained with the help system incorporated
into the TSM CLI, or reference the Admin Guide for the version you are using.

Rick Adamson