ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1 and dedup "chunking" issues

2014-07-02 18:06:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1 and dedup "chunking" issues
From: Bent Christensen <BVC AT COWI DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 00:02:21 +0200
This server manages 200 clients, approx. 500.000.000 files occupying approx.
800 TB, a mixture of various databases, Exchange and files, all Windows
clients. Not all client data end up in a dedup pool.

Daily backup ingest to the dedup pool is 1.5 TB on average. We aim to receive
backup data on an internal SAS array, backup to tape copypool and then migrate
to the dedup pool. The dedup pool storage is Hitachi AMS, 2000 family with SATA
disks, fiber attached, should be able to deliver at least 2-300K IOPS in this
configuration.

 - Bent