ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restoration Issue in TSM 5.5...

2014-06-10 08:48:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restoration Issue in TSM 5.5...
From: Hans Christian Riksheim <bullhcr AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 14:46:44 +0200
My advice is to not use the GUI. Until IBM eventually decides to make a
working GUI there should be a big red warning stating that if you are going
to restore more than a few files the CLI must be used. (And not even then
can the GUI be trusted [1] )

I experienced the same as you. Used the GUI when restoring a few million
files and the TSM-server started an endless task of mounting and
dismounting volumes. However with the CLI it worked fine after a period of
NQR processing. Not sure why the different behavior(I did not tick the
"Disable NQR restore in the GUI".)

[1] http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21162784

Regards,

Hans Chr.