ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Slow mount of FILE storage pools volumes

2014-05-15 09:47:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] Slow mount of FILE storage pools volumes
From: Erwann Simon <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 15:44:32 +0200
Hi all,

I've recently done some upgrades to a customer's TSM server and I'm now
experiencing some strange behabiour with long delay for mount of FILE storage
pools volumes.

Delay is 1 minute or more, and it seems it does not depend on usage (mount for
client sessions or server processes).

Does someone had some similar issue ? Thanks.

Here's a view of the current platform :
- RHEL 6.4
- TSM 6.3.4.300
- 2 CPU 8C - 256GB
- 15k disks for DB (internal)
- 10k disks for FILE storage pools (IBM DS3524)
- FILE volumes are pre-allocated and 100GB each (I know, it's a bit large)
- TSM deduplication is used

Changes made :
- Server HW has been renewed from an 4 years old server
- Older server was running RHEL 5.8 and TSM 6.3.4.200
- No other significative change.

--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي
Erwann SIMON