ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to change db2 instance name?

2014-03-04 20:46:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to change db2 instance name?
From: Vicente Chaves de Melo <vchaves.geo AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 22:40:34 -0300
*SIGNOFF ADSM-L*

On 3/4/2014 4:12 PM, Keith Arbogast wrote:
We install / and /boot on a LUN on the SAN, and boot from there. We can copy a
boot LUN with the OS installed on it, and zone the copy to new hardware to
create another server.

Can we do that with a boot LUN that has the TSM server installed on it too,
then change the DB2 instance name of the clone --to create a new TSM server?
If that is a straight forward process it might save us time in a
deadline-driven hardware upgrade.

If this is well documented somewhere, kindly refer me to that.

With my thanks,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University