ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Tape in scratch question

2013-12-20 05:03:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] Tape in scratch question
From: mik <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 02:01:29 -0800
Hi everybody,

I have another question, today the database don't backup on a scratch tape
because failure to excessive write error.
The tape use is still in scratch and i don't want to reuse this tape the
tapedriver was not near and i don't do a checkout volume and take this tape so
i'am trying to put this tape update volume volume_name access=offsite or
unavailable but don't work.
Anybody have a solution or a trick to keep this tape in the tapedrive but not
authorise to use them.

I'am thinkin to checkout the tape and checkin with status=private but i don't
know of that can work.

Thanks for the reply by advance.

Regars, Mickael.