ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DSMADMC login slow on TSM 6.3 update

2013-12-18 14:19:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DSMADMC login slow on TSM 6.3 update
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:16:17 -0500
Hi Ben,

Take a look at this one:

http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC96357

A fix is planned for TSM level 6.4.2. Meanwhile, see if any of the
workarounds described in the APAR provide relief. If that does not help, I
recommend contacting IBM support for further assistance with this APAR, as
it is suspect #1.

Best regards,

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Documentation+Central/page/Tivoli+Storage+Manager
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Storage+Manager/page/Home

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2013-12-18
12:30:18:

> From: Ben Bullock <BBullock AT BCIDAHO DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu,
> Date: 2013-12-18 12:31
> Subject: DSMADMC login slow on TSM 6.3 update
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> I was just going to add some notes here for folks with this similar
problem:

> On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 21:47 -0500, Spearman, Wayne wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > We have just installed TSM 6.3 on AIX 7. We are seeing a serious
> > slowness when we login to TSM with DSMADMC on AIX. The ID prompt comes
> > up fast enough but it takes anywhere from 6 to 30 seconds for the
> > password prompt to display. Once in everything is fine. If I use the
> > Windows DSMADMC to access the AIX TSM 6.3 server I do not see the
> > problem, the password prompt displays immediately. If I run DSMADMC
from
> > our TSM 5.5 AIX server to access the TSM 6.3 Aix server the password
> > prompt comes up immediately. Putting passing the ID/PW to DSMADMC does
> > not help. My peers at other sites are not seeing this issue on their
TSM