ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] sql2012 rights

2013-12-18 08:30:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] sql2012 rights
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 08:28:40 -0500
Hello Remco,

The SQL logon user or Windows user name must be added to the
SQL Server SYSADMIN fixed server role before it can be used
by Data Protection for SQL.

More specifically, Data Protection for SQL uses the Microsoft recommended
Virtual Device Interface (VDI) API to perform backups and restores of
SQL Server databases. The VDI API requires the SYSADMIN server role in
order
to perform these operations. The Microsoft VDI specification states this:
      "The server connection for SQL Server that is used to issue the
       BACKUP or RESTORE commands must be logged in with the
       sysadmin fixed server role."

   Reference:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17282

Thank you,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 12/18/2013
06:23:40 AM: