ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANR8944E and move data

2013-12-17 01:38:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANR8944E and move data
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 00:36:01 -0600
First run SHOW DAMAGED <stgpool> to see what's damaged.

It might be interesting to run CLEAN DRIVE.

Then run AUDIT VOL A00015L3 FIX=NO. You need to use FIX=NO to prevent
deletion of the damaged files which might be readable on a different
drive. It will still recover damaged files. Once you find a drive that
can read this worn-out tape, make sure it uses that same drive for
MOVE DATA. AUDIT VOL with FIX=NO is a crucial tool if you've got a
flaky drive.

======I have not lost my mind -- it is backed up on tape somewhere.=====