ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Question password TSM FASTBACK

2013-12-16 11:10:15
Subject: [ADSM-L] Question password TSM FASTBACK
From: mik <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:08:14 -0800
Hi, i found something on IBM.

I add my user with total control (yet in the admin groupe) on the register key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM

Right clic, autorisation, select my user in use and put him the total control.

Since i do that i have no popping password.

Source:

Continuous Password prompts during back up to a Tivoli Storage Manager server
When using a Tivoli Storage Manager server as the backup target, the
application password prompt keeps popping up if the User account on the Client
machine does not have administrative privileges. The reason is because Tivoli
Storage Manager needs full access to every key in the following registry path
in order to save the password:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM

To fix the problem, use regedit to grant full access to the user running Tivoli
Storage Manager FastBack for Workstations. Full access must be granted to the
following keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM

NOTE: For Tivoli Continuous Data Protection for Files 3.1.7.0 and Higher or
Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack for Workstations 6.1.1.0 and Higher Full access
must be granted only to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM

Regards, Mickael.