ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange and Sharepoint Questions

2013-11-21 11:21:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange and Sharepoint Questions
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 16:07:24 +0000
1.  What version of Exchange and what version of the TDP?

We are having mysterious problems with that on 2010 with the 6.4 TDP.  Worked
at one point, now it doesn't.
However, when you restore a user's mailbox with the TDP, it actually restores
the whole mailbox DB to a restore data base, anyway, then extracts the user's
mailbox for you.

So what you can do as a workaround, is restore the mailbox DB to a restore data
base, then use Exchange tools to extract the user's mailbox yourself.
(Which is why we haven't gotten around to seriously pursuing the problem with a
PMR.)