ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Perform Restore in a different TSM server

2013-11-07 08:34:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] Perform Restore in a different TSM server
From: iSumit <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 23:11:31 -0800
Hello,

I am very new in TSM  environment but not a newbie in Backup administration. We
are about to build a new TSM environment which would be used only for restore.
we have EXISTING TSM 5.5 running on AIX 5.3. The NEW TSM server (different host
name/IP) where we would be running only the restore ops will have TSM 5.5 on
AIX 7.x.

It would be very helpful if I get the setps to achive this.

Also is there any requirement of performing individual index build for the
tapes from where performing the restore in the new restore environment even if
after we are doing the TSM DB restore from the existing TSM to the new TSM
server.

Thanks,

Sumit