ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] restore DB question

2013-11-04 02:18:26
Subject: [ADSM-L] restore DB question
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 07:16:08 +0000
Hi to all

I needed to reorganize my Database on my Tsm Server windows version 6.3.4.200.

Wanted to rebuilt new directories for the DB.  I created new space (4 of them
with each 100GB)

Create a file dbdir.file with the entries:
g:\TSM\DB01
i:\TSM\DB02
u:\TSM\DB03
v:\TSM\DB04

And did a dsmserv restore db todate=today on=dbdir.file

The process finish successfully and got my DB on the new directories.  In the
past I had configured Mirror Log Directory  and Archive Failover Log Directory
but from a while  I deleted those entries from dsmserv.opt.

Here the q log f=d output configuration I have long time:
tsm: POSTBACK>q log f=d

          Active Log Directory: M:\tsmactlog
               Total Space(MB): 131,072
                Used Space(MB): 1,954
                Free Space(MB): 129,118
         Archive Log Directory: N:\tsmarchlog
Total Size of File System (MB): 183,294.00
Space Used on File System (MB): 7,153.18
                Free Space(MB): 176,140.81
          Mirror Log Directory:
Total Size of File System (MB):
Space Used on File System (MB):
                Free Space(MB):
Archive Failover Log Directory:
Total Size of File System (MB):
Space Used on File System (MB):
                Free Space(MB):

During the restore db process I got this information:

ANR0172I rdbicrst.c(1709): Error encountered performing action Update Various
Log Path DB CFG Parameter.
ANR0162W Supplemental database diagnostic information:  -5099:SQLSTATE 08004:
The application server rejected establishment of the connection.:-5099
(SQL5099N  The value "N:\tsmarchlog\failarch" indicated by the database
configuration parameter "FAILARCHPATH" is not valid, reason code "2".
SQLSTATE=08004 ).
ANR0172I rdbicrst.c(1721): Error encountered performing action set DB2
parameters.
ANR0162W Supplemental database diagnostic information:  -5099:SQLSTATE 08004:
The application server rejected establishment of the connection. :-5099
(SQL5099N  The value "N:\tsmarchlog\failarch" indicated by the database
configuration parameter "FAILARCHPATH" is not valid, reason code "2".
SQLSTATE=08004 ).
ANR4635I Point-in-time database restore complete, restore date 11/03/2013
23:59:59.

I think the DB2 still remember this old configuration (long time ago), how and
where can I check The value "N:\tsmarchlog\failarch" indicated by the database
is configure.

As I said in dsmserv.opt no indication at all. The server is working O.K

T.I.A Regards Robert