ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Windows client memory leak

2013-07-26 16:28:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] Windows client memory leak
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:13:19 -0400
We have a number of Windows systems with TSM 6.2.2.0 client code. It is
by now well known that the client scheduler service at this level retains
the maximum amount of memory needed during the backup window through
intervals between backup windows.

We have installed 6.2.4.0 client code on a few of our Windows systems.
This eliminates the behavior described above, but our Windows administrators
are reporting evidence of a memory leak. The amount of memory used by the
client scheduler service when it is waiting for the next backup to start
seems to grow by about 10 KB per day. Are other sites seeing this? Is
there an available service level with a fix for this, or a prediction
for a fix in a future service level?

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital