ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Which files have I restored

2013-07-08 09:40:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Which files have I restored
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 09:26:36 -0400
Hi Hans,

When you use the QUIET option, informational messages such as files that
were restored are not displayed in the command line client.

The GUI does not display the successfully restored files at all (regardless
of whether the QUIET option is used).

By default the command line and GUI clients log files that were skipped.
For this case, you could examine the dsmerror.log file for the skipped
files, and compare it to the results of the "dsmc query backup x:\
-subdir=yes" command to net out the files that were restored.

Have a look at the client AUDITLOGGING option. This would be helpful for
future restore scenarios.

Best regards,

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
Documentation Central/page/Tivoli Storage Manager
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Storage+Manager/page/Home

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2013-07-08
06:43:37: