ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] VMware / Hyper-V Backup Issues

2013-06-28 04:34:58
Subject: [ADSM-L] VMware / Hyper-V Backup Issues
From: Adeel Mehmood <Ad.Mehmood AT DIYARME DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 08:32:06 +0000
Dear All,

We have TSM VMWARE and Hyper-V backups configured.

TSM Server 6.2 Backup server = 6.2 ( Windows 2008 )

VMware Backups issues :

The Manual backup goes fine ( selecting VM's one by one )

1,how can I perform VM backups for multiple VM simultaneously as when try to
run the backup for multiple VM it gives an error , number of mount point
exceeded etc. and fails the backup.
2, the TDP VMware client is unable to detect the number of VM deleted or
renamed/moved on the server , so the subsequent backup fails
what is the best configuration/settings so that TDP for VMWare automatically
detects new VM and deleted VM.

Hyper -V backup issues :

1,The TSM BA Client can perform the Hyper-V backups one by one . how can we
perform multiple Hyper-V VM's backup  simultaneously

Thanks & Best regards,
Adeel Mehmood

D I S C L A I M E R

The information in this email and in any files transmitted with it, is intended
only for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you receive this in
error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any
computer. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
strictly prohibited. Statement and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those
of the sender, and do not necessarily reflect those of the company.