ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Migrating last 5.5 server to 6.3.3 and new hardware

2013-06-16 16:50:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Migrating last 5.5 server to 6.3.3 and new hardware
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 22:48:17 +0200
On 16 jun. 2013, at 21:28, Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU> wrote:

> I have tested the conversion process with my simply restoring the V5 DB
> from a backup and then running through the UPGRADEDB (always wondered what
> that does - never got a good answer the last time I asked - does it make
> changes to the existing DB?  Can I run it multiple times?  What does it do
> that is required for the EXTRACTDB).

First and foremost it upgrades the db to v5.5 format. Yes, it can be run
multiple times. I think for the rest it's mostly some basic checking that the
DB can be upgraded. In any case, you can start the 5.5 server again after
running preparedb if you've used the matching version of the dsmupg package.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl