ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM VEE

2013-06-05 18:00:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM VEE
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 23:58:37 +0200
On 5 jun. 2013, at 22:36, "Huebner, Andy" <andy.huebner AT ALCON DOT COM> wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how to backup a particular VM Guest using a command
> on the TSM server.
> We currently backup using:
> Define clientaction NODE action=i
>
> We would like something similar for the guest backups, but the solution
> eludes us.
>
> We thought about passing the node name to a macro on the client, but the
> client cannot take parameters for a macro.
>
> We thought about creating 1,000's of macros, but the bar closed and we got
> sober.
>
> Any good ideas?  Anyone doing this?  How do you handle 1,000's of guest
> backups?

I'm not sure what you want. Normally you can specify the VM's to backup using
for instance vm folders or vm names or vm host server in either the dsm.opt on
the proxy node or if you really want to as an option to the backup vm command
check the domain.fullvm option.

I'm sure, never tested, that the clientaction also takes an option argument
that will work.

With the 6.4 TSM client you can even use wildcards in the specification of the
vm guest name.

I'm quite sure that you'll find one of the domain.fullvm variants useful.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl