ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exchange scheduler and backup issues

2013-04-26 12:33:53
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exchange scheduler and backup issues
From: Geoff Gill <avalnche96 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 09:31:52 -0700
Hi,

This was dumped on me last night and I was looking for some advice having no
experience with Exchange. Since I do not have access to log in to this cluster
I'm relying on responses from an administrator. If anyone has some clues I can
pass on I'd appreciate it.

I'm told the cluster is set up with services that TSM kicks off which are .cmd
files. Initially I was told it was running fine from one node but when it
failed to the other it stopped working. The services are started by a specific
user and are set up through the cluster. I'm also told they use that same
account to log in to the systems and can run a manual backup just fine, which
means if that is true the error below makes no sense. Also, I'm told now that
even though they failed the resources back to the working node it also fails.

I'm wondering if there is more than one issue going on here. I know that if the
initial connection on a node is not made before the services are installed and
started they will not start because the password was never authenticated with
the server. I've seen this with the baclient but not sure if it applies here.
The permissions doesn't make sense unless what I'm being told is not what is
really happening when they log in but right now I have no reason to doubt them.

There are a couple of errors they are getting, Initially I was sent this one:
ANR2579E Schedule blah bah blah for node LONS08_EXCH_DAILY failed (return code
-1073741819).

Today they sent me this one and when I queried them on permissions I was told
this doesn't seem to be correct because they just logged in with that same user
starting the services and the backup worked.

03/24/2013 14:56:50 ANS1577I The Windows console event handler received a
'Shutdown' console event.
03/24/2013 14:56:50 ANS2820E An interrupt has occurred. The current operation
will end and the
client will shut down.
03/24/2013 14:56:50 ANS1520E Failure writing to the Tivoli Storage Manager
error log: errno = 13, Permission denied
04/20/2013 01:23:02 ANS1909E The scheduled command failed.
04/20/2013 01:23:02 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'MAN_WIN_DBWA_EXC_FULL_2200_0'
failed.  Return code = 402.
04/24/2013 22:31:18 ANS1909E The scheduled command failed.
04/24/2013 22:31:18 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'MAN_WIN_DBWA_EXC_FULL_2200_1'
failed.  Return code = 402.

Thank You
Geoff Gill