ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Importing NetBackup 7.x LTO4 tapes into IBM TSM 5.x or 6.x

2013-04-25 13:50:23
Subject: [ADSM-L] Importing NetBackup 7.x LTO4 tapes into IBM TSM 5.x or 6.x
From: kcyrus <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 08:26:29 -0700
Hello Backup SMEs out there -   I am trying to find out if anyone has knowledge
/ solution on the following.

We have  Netbackup 7.1.0.4 LTO4 historical  backup data coming in to us by
another datacenter vendor/service, which we now need to import and save/manage
with our IBM TSM v 5.x or 6.x, and prepare to restore them in the new
environment if needed.

I am looking for solution/options on how we can do that, as I am sure Netbackup
tapes can not be read in TSM system.

We do not have the option to restore to old env and backup with TSM, as we only
have the Netbackup  historical LTO tapes.    So any conversion programs out
there, or any solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance to all

Cyrus K