ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Export/import from TSM 5.5.6 to TSM 6.3.3.100

2013-04-22 05:21:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] Export/import from TSM 5.5.6 to TSM 6.3.3.100
From: Grigori Solonovitch <Grigori.Solonovitch AT AHLIUNITED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:19:28 +0000
I want to share some information:

-          TSM Server 5.5.6 was upgraded to TSM Server 6.3.3.100;

-          new instance of TSM Server 6.3.3.100 has been installed on new
Power6 system;

-          all data was exported from old TSM Server and imported directly to
new TSM Server;

-          upgrade has been completed successfully without any problems and new
TSM Server is in production mode now;

-          export/import for big nodes was done in two steps: first with
FILEDATA=BACKUP, then with FILEDATA=ARCHIVE (just to reduce export/import time
and avoid skipping backups);

-          by mistake MERGEFILESPACES=YES was not specified during
export/import of archive data;

-          as a result without giving any warnings or errors archive data was
imported to separate set of file spaces slightly changed in comparison with
backup file spaces (for example, for backup data /home/abcd - for archive data
/home/abc1);

-          fortunately, it is possible to restore data from archives, but I
have some questions:
Is it correct behavior of TSM Server or TSM Server should inform me about
mistake?
Will new archives come to correct file system (I couldn't see any other
possibilities, but any way) ?
May it create any other problems for me in the future?
Shall I open SR to IBM support?

Grigori G. Solonovitch
Senior Systems Architect  Ahli United Bank Kuwait  www.ahliunited.com.kw

Please consider the environment before printing this E-mail

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY AND WAIVER: The information contained in this electronic mail
message and any attachments hereto may be legally privileged and confidential.
The information is intended only for the recipient(s) named in this message. If
you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, disclosure,
copying or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this in error
please contact the sender and delete this message and any attachments from your
computer system. We do not guarantee that this message or any attachment to it
is secure or free from errors, computer viruses or other conditions that may
damage or interfere with data, hardware or software.

Please consider the environment before printing this Email.