ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation anomaly report

2013-04-17 10:07:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation anomaly report
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 10:05:59 -0400
On 04/16/2013 08:15 PM, Nick Laflamme wrote:
> If you absolutely need for nodes to be isolated on their own media,
> why aren't they in their own individual domains which point to their
> own storage pools,  all of which might share a library?

That'd work;  You could also make it an absolute requirement of your
infrastructure to maintain scratch availability, and do new acquisitions
when scratch levels fall below <foo>.

> Frankly, I like that TSM will override collocation preferences when
> its at MAXSCR for volumes in a pool.

"Me too".

I have a script, which I think I've bandied about here in the past,
which evaluates collocation for me, but I think it's poorly aligned with
your needs, Grant:  I select candidates for inclusion into collocation
groups, and then once that's done I MOVE DATA to vacate tapes which are
low-utilization and have a candidate collocated home.

- Allen S. Rout