ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Script for automated config of TDP for MSSQL (fcm based)

2013-04-05 15:31:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Script for automated config of TDP for MSSQL (fcm based)
From: Alex Paschal <apaschal5 AT FRONTIER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 12:29:08 -0700
Hi, Marice.  Did your setup log give you any hints as to why it didn't
create the directory?

On 4/5/2013 2:41 AM, Maurice van 't Loo wrote:
Friends,

To have standard installation and configuration of the TSM clients and to
keep the installation and configuration easy as possible for Wintel
engineers, I love to use scripts.

But with the new fcm-based TDP's for MSSQL and Exchange, I encounter some
difficulties. So to avoid inventing the wheel again, I ask for your help.

With the old TDP the procedure was simple:
- Default installation
- Copy some files
- Install some services

But with the new TDP after the installation there is nog TDPSql folder yet.
- Does anyone knows how to automate the initial configuration?
- In the flashcopymanager folder I found 2 xml files with settings, but als
a bunch of scripts. Do I need these scripts if I want to use the TDP?
- Anything else I need to know?

If you want a copy of the scripts I use for baclient and tdp's, mail me.

Thanks,
Maurice van 't Loo
http://mvantloo.nl/