ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Implementing Encryption

2013-04-04 09:44:35
Subject: [ADSM-L] Implementing Encryption
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 09:40:46 -0400
I know this sounds strange, but we need to implement encryption on our
TS1130 tapes.

Never having done this, I need some help/suggestions/war-stories/etc on how
to basically turn encryption on.  Is there a quick-and-dirty book on the
subject?

I understand the first thing would be to change the devclass for the tape
drives to "encryption=yes" for ALL of my servers (currently, 2 of 7 are
library managers).

Then I saw something about EKM to manage the keys.  Is this also
implemented on all TSM servers?

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator