ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] State of TSM Reporting

2013-04-04 08:25:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] State of TSM Reporting
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlmann AT SHAW DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 06:23:26 -0600
Here are some reporting tools that are part of TSM and are available at no
additional charge. The Operational Reporting Facility was available as part of
TSM v5 and it is still most applicable to TSM v6. Tivoli Common Reporting
became available with TSM version 6. The ORF still provides a very useful
operational reporting capability. IBM development has published a flash on
making the v5 ORF work with v6 servers. See http :// www -01. ibm .com/support/
docview . wss ? uid =swg27019794 – If you want to use TCR , then please use the
6.3 version and not any earlier version. Download from ftp://service.boulder.
ibm
.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/reporting/v6r3/6.3.3.000/
(pick your platform) - it is aimed at management and TSM Administrator
reporting and perhaps not so much at operational reporting. All this will
change in the near term to moderate term future – see http :// www . youtube
.com/watch?v= iN _ hDIgmfic - suggest you watch it full screen as some of the
screen images are small.

Regards,

Joerg Pohlmann