ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANR8386W Slot 16 of library TSMLIBR is inaccessible.

2013-01-15 08:23:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANR8386W Slot 16 of library TSMLIBR is inaccessible.
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:13:17 -0500
I've seen this in libraries that are able to be partitioned... like a TS3310
library. By default you always get the "system" partition and when you add
tapes to the I/O door the library will scan the slots and then put up a
prompt on the front panel asking which logical library you want the tapes to
be assigned to. If you don't reply, they hang around in limbo and you get
this error trying to checkin. You can turn off the insert notification
prompt if you only have 1 logical library.

Bill