ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Happy Holiday TSM Server upgrade V5 to V6

2012-12-25 09:19:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Happy Holiday TSM Server upgrade V5 to V6
From: Lee Calhoun <lc7 AT COLUMBIA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 14:16:48 +0000
Hi Roger,

I did a migration from TSM 5.5.20 to 6.2.2.2 back in 2011.  I tried to use the
media method, but it did not work. I then learned of APAR IC61396, which said
that our current version of TSM (5.5.2.0) does not support the media method.
This was 18 months ago, and I don't know if that APAR has since been updated.
Since you are at 5.5.1.0 you might also be affected.

At the time the consultant we were using told us in his experience most people
use the network method for this type of upgrade.  I ended up doing the network
method and it worked just fine.

Good luck with it in any case,

Lee
Lee Calhoun