ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup .exe files ???

2012-12-13 09:43:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup .exe files ???
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:21:15 -0500
Yes, the problem is that in W2K8, Microsoft has expanded their definition of
files to include in the systemstate, and Windows prohibits backup apps from
attempting to backup individual files that are so marked.  We are seeing
increasing examples of application files not being backed up by TSM due to
this.  Both MS and Tivoli say this is "working as designed".  Unfortunately,
that means you don't have file-level restore capability for those files.

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer II, Windows Backup/Recovery
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee