ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Multiple stanzas unusable: "/usr/bin/dsmc already running."

2012-12-12 04:52:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] Multiple stanzas unusable: "/usr/bin/dsmc already running."
From: Ethan Günther <ethan.guenther AT RZ.UNI-AUGSBURG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:43:05 +0100
Dear List,

for a client with large filespaces, we would like to split the backup up
into several nodes in order to balance the load. On the basis of the
TSM-client documentation we created several stanzas in the dsm.sys file
with different servername entries. In the init-script several dsmc
processes are started with the -servername option referring to those
stanzas. Now everything works fine with a 6.2.0.0 client (all processes
are started and are backing up as expected).

On a very similar box with client version 6.2.4.4 something goes wrong:
Some dsmc processes are started successfully, some are not, the numbers
vary. So there could be some runtime condition. The error message
(printed on stdout) is: "/usr/bin/dsmc already running."

Has anybody observed this issue and knows about a solution?

Best regards,

Ethan