ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Monitor open volumes for a file deviceclass session

2012-12-05 11:38:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Monitor open volumes for a file deviceclass session
From: Richard Cowen <rcowen AT CPPASSOCIATES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 11:22:06 -0500
Keith,

To do this accurately, it is necessary to build a kind of state map of
sessions and processes and file/tape opens and closes.
In the actlog, file/tape opens and closes are recorded with the volume name
and linked to the session/process number that originated the request.  (This
session/process number can be tricky to trace back to a common node or
process command. Proxies, LanFree, NDMP, etc. all add complexity.)

Look for ANR0510I and ANR0511I, ANR0513I and ANR0514I messages, selecting an
appropriate period (24 hours?)
Keep the records sorted by session/process number and date and time.
Every time a session/process has a volume open, increment the open count-
check for new high point.
Every time a session/process has a volume close, decrement the open count.
I suggest Perl and csv formatted actlog selects.

Richard