ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Stable Version of TSM 6

2012-12-01 20:25:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Stable Version of TSM 6
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 12:18:40 +1100
Hi Charles

 I'm a little more cautious than Mr Thompson.

6.2.3 is stable and useable,  but I wouldn't go past 6.2.x until 6.5
comes out.

If you do end up having to go to 6.3 be very wary of using any new
features.  There tend to be subtle bugs that take some years to work out
completely. Some nasty 6.2 deduplication bugs come to mind.
This goes for client levels too.  I was flabbergasted to come across one
bug earlier this year where a simple client function that was available
for years had been messed with in a recent client version and no longer
worked.

Regards

Steve

Steven Harris