ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Client 6.4 installation causing Win Server 2012 to restart?

2012-11-28 15:35:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Client 6.4 installation causing Win Server 2012 to restart?
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [BS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 19:51:32 +0000
I had heard that a "late 6.3" version client would force a reboot, apparently
following the prerequisite MS packages.

A co-worker had installed 6.3.x on a file server (Win Server 2008) and didn't
know it was going to boot while he went for a coffee refill during the install.
 He had several calls from staff that got clobbered due to the reboot.

But, this morning I installed the 6.4.0 client without any reboot on Win Server
2008.  The client installer DID install the Microsoft packages.  The machine
happens to also have TSM Monitoring/Admin 6.3.1 installed.  Perhaps the
Microsoft packages were already there, and updated, which maybe doesn't force a
reboot???

Harold Vandeventer
Systems Programmer
State of Kansas - Office of Information Technology Services
Harold.Vandeventer AT ks DOT gov
(785) 296-0631