ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM database backup versus db2 backup of TSM database

2012-11-06 13:19:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM database backup versus db2 backup of TSM database
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 19:15:11 +0100
Ruud,

Under the hood 'ba db ....' does perform a 'db2 backup db ...', but with added
features like being able to restore the TSM database while TSM is unavailable
because the database needs to be restored. I can think of no good reason to not
use the supported and perfectly functional 'backup db' from TSM.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl