ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Remote volume audit process

2012-10-31 15:02:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Remote volume audit process
From: Bob Levad <blevad AT WINNEBAGOIND DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 18:29:16 +0000
Greetings!

We are running remote volumes as backups for our TSM backstore of Tivoli
Enterprise Content Manager.  We had a damaged volume on the backup system and
audited the volume, which deleted the remote volume containing eCM info from
the tape.   I don't see any evidence that the eCM backstore TSM machine is
aware that the backup was deleted.  Is this relayed back to that TSM so that
the data is backed up again?

Thanks,

Bob.
This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this electronic
transmission contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This
information may be legally privileged. The information is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or the taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the contents of this
electronically transmitted information is strictly prohibited.