ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Odd client behavior

2012-10-18 13:06:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Odd client behavior
From: white jeff <jeff.white3 AT BLUEYONDER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:57:09 +0100
Have the permissions been changed? Changes to extended attributes
cause the files to be backed up. Changes to permissions does not cause
the last modified date to be updated, if i remember correctly

Any new filespaces for those nodes on the TSM server?

Also, has the dsm.opt file been changed to include a new drive? Or, if
the dsm.opt says 'domain all-local' and a new drive has been added,
TSM will automatically backup that drive.

Do these node definitions have a clopt defined? Has the clopt from the
TSM server side?

Check on the Windoes TSM GUI and show ACTIVE and INACTIVE files. If
you can identify one or more of these files that are suddenly backing
up, the GUI will show the last update and backup date of those files.
Also, dependent on how many versions you retain, you can see if they
were backing up previously

Just a few things i would be checking in the first instance

Regards