ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] move nodes from one server to a different server via export

2012-10-04 12:58:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] move nodes from one server to a different server via export
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [BS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 15:50:42 +0000
I can't speak to the "sign on to server failed" message.

Try an EXPORT <node> TOSERVER=<target-server> PREVIEWIMPORT=YES command.

You should see activity log on both source and target server, also processes
visible on both via Q PRO.

That should let you know if the comm path is working.

I recently used export to migrate several large nodes to a new server.  Took a
few days to get through the data for each node, so I used multiple EXPORT
commands with various FROMDATE=mm/dd/yyyy MERGE=YES options to gradually
migrate the data.

Consider adding SUSPEND EXPORT and RESTART EXPORT in your admin scripts.

The node continued to backup to the original server during the days the exports
were being managed.

In the end, the last EXPORT dealt only with "last nights' backup" data and
finished quickly.  Then, had the node manager edit the DSM.OPT to spec the new
TSM box.  They should open the GUI to make sure it gets connected.

Thanks to Wanda.... she helped me get the export method streamlined.

Harold Vandeventer
Systems Programmer
State of Kansas - Office of Information Technology Services
Harold.Vandeventer AT ks DOT gov
(785) 296-0631