ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Server initialization messages

2012-10-02 16:21:28
Subject: [ADSM-L] Server initialization messages
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 16:17:56 -0400
We sometimes start a TSM server in the foreground so that we can see
the initialization messages. However, this is potentially risky in
our environment if a TSM problem occurs outside of office hours.
The VPN facilities I and my coworkers use to log on to Unix and Linux
servers from our homes are subject to timeouts based on the time
since the connection was made rather than the time since the last
activity.

Is there any way to make the initialization messages available for
inspection without the risk that the termination of a specific
terminal connection will bring down the TSM server?

We have a TSM 5.5 server and several TSM 6.2 servers. All of our
TSM servers run under zSeries Linux.

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital