ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] NDMP Restore

2012-09-24 16:40:10
Subject: [ADSM-L] NDMP Restore
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 20:23:47 +0000
Hi Everyone,
I hope the summer has been great for you all.

We are looking now to remove a customers all NetApp and replace it with much
better storage for other vendor.
But we have a situation that we need to keep the backup for does NetApp for 6
month - 1 year, but instead of keeping all of them and cost a lot of $$$, are
we thinking of to only keep one NetApp and not all of them.

My question to you all are if someone have test to restore one NetApp NDMP
dumps to another NetApps with a different hostname and OS Level.

Source NetApp have version 7.x and 8.x and the one we keeping will have OS
level 8.0.1.
TSM Server Version will be 6.2 or 6.3 depending on what the requirement will be.

Thanks in advance
Christian Svensson