ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Unexplained "ANS1071E Invalid domain Name entered:" errors

2012-09-12 11:52:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Unexplained "ANS1071E Invalid domain Name entered:" errors
From: George Huebschman <george.huebschman AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:47:32 -0400
Richard,
Ahh, exactly like exclude.dir, the exclude.fs is processed first.  I'll
revert to the old dsm.sys immediately.
I have done the dsmc q inclexcl previously.  I had not looked at q opt.
Is there anything specific I should look for in options?  I have included a
snippet below.
This is the result of the "q inclexcl" AFTER I reverted to the old dsm.sys.
 This should still be relevant, because the problem existed before I edited
the excludes to exclude.fs.

Snippet from "dsmc q opt"
                 DOMAIN: Default ALL-LOCAL
             DOMAIN.IMAGE:
               DOMAIN.NAS:
          DOMAIN.SNAPSHOT:
            DOMAIN.VMFILE:
            DOMAIN.VMFULL:
                  DOMNODE:

tsm> q inclexcl
*** FILE INCLUDE/EXCLUDE ***
Mode Function  Pattern (match from top down)  Source File
---- --------- ------------------------------ -----------------
No exclude filespace statements defined.
Excl Directory /unix/                         Server
Excl Directory /.../.TsmCacheDir              TSM
Excl Directory /.../.SpaceMan                 Operating System
Include All       /extcdp/.../*                  Server
Include All       /cdunix/.../*                  Server
Exclude All       /var/adm/pacct                 Server
Exclude All       /unix                          Server
Exclude All       /.../core                      Server
Exclude HSM       /etc/adsm/SpaceMan/config/.../* Operating System
Exclude HSM       /.../.SpaceMan/.../*           Operating System
Exclude Restore   /.../.SpaceMan/.../*           Operating System
Exclude Archive   /.../.SpaceMan/.../*           Operating System
Include Encrypt   /.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Include All       /u0?/.../ias*
 /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Include All       /u0?/.../rman*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Include All       /u0?/.../fra*
 /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u20/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u19/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u18/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u17/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u16/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u15/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u14/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u13/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u12/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u11/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u10/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u09/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u08/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u07/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u06/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u05/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u04/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u03/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u02/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u01/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
No DFS include/exclude statements defined.

Shawn,  Nothing here:

root@SomeXYZServerName:/ >cat /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.opt
* Tivoli Storage Manager                                               *
*                                                                      *
* Sample Client User Options file for AIX and SunOS (dsm.opt.smp)      *

*  This file contains an option you can use to specify the TSM
*  server to contact if more than one is defined in your client
*  system options file (dsm.sys).  Copy dsm.opt.smp to dsm.opt.
*  If you enter a server name for the option below, remove the
*  leading asterisk (*).

* SErvername       A server name defined in the dsm.sys file
SErvername      Server1

root@SomeXYZServerName:/ >

--
George Huebschman
Cell (301) 875-1227

"When you have a choice, spend money where you would prefer to work if you
had NO choice."