ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] NetApp for Primary Disk Pool

2012-08-27 16:57:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] NetApp for Primary Disk Pool
From: "Hart, Charles A" <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:50:17 -0500
This would be interesting to hear about as we have started to look at
other NAS devices to use a TSM backup[ Target, we all know DataDomain
and Soon Protectier does the NAS mount + Dedupe, but would / could you
get better pricing or performance from a non Backup Appliance?  Netapp
Dedupes, HDS Bluearc so how well do they do and would they be cheaper
than an appliance developed and sold for the purpose of backups.