ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] question about copy activedata and pooltype=activedata

2012-08-25 09:42:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] question about copy activedata and pooltype=activedata
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 13:34:55 +0000
Hi Ulrich

Thank you for the explanation  ...
Regards Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Ullrich M?nz
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 12:43 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: [ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] question about copy activedata and
pooltype=activedata

Hello Robert,

the stgpool of ppoltype=activedata will keep only  the most actual version of
client data on it., i.g. this is the active version of any file. there are two
ways to fill up that "active data pool":
1st, the data is written simultanously during backup process. - if you like
this, update the primary stgpool parameter activedata=...
2nd, - and this is not mutally exclusive - during server maintenance run
command "copy activedata..."

if there is noc performance issue, I recommend to to both: define an active
data destination on the primary pool and(!) run the copy command later on on
all stgpools the data from last backup sessions may reside.
You need to run recalim stgpool on an actve data pool very often and you should
define small volumes (i.e. 8GB), if this is a pool of devclass file.

best regards

Ullrich Mänz
Data Center Services

FRITZ & MACZIOL Software und Computervertrieb GmbH Ludwig Str. 180D, 63067
Offenbach, Germany

Mobil   +49 170 7678 434
Fax:   +49 69 3801 3500 10
Web:   http://www.fum.de

Amtsgericht Ulm, Handelsregister-Nummer: HRB 1936
Geschäftsführer: Heribert Fritz, Frank Haines
Inhaber: Imtech N.V., Gouda, Niederlande